Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Oakhaven Pottery



© Jackie Sanders Photography 2011
I love going to art fairs and supporting local artists.  Last week my mom and I went to Faire on the Green put on by Oshkosh's Paine Museum.  It started raining the minute we got in the car to 30 minutes later when we finally found a parking spot.  Luckily the rain stopped and we could enjoy the art fair, soggy though it was.  There were tons of amazing arts and crafts there and despite my lack of funds I usually like to get at least one thing to take home with me.  I had $20 in my pocket and after getting lunch had only $15 to find something awesome.  Finally at the very last booth I found this beautiful piece of pottery for $10.  I love blue pottery.  In a bin full of little glazed bowls this blue one stood out to me with it's hand pressed details and contrast of colors.  Plus it's just so tiny and adorable and perfect to hold little bits of jewelry.
© Jackie Sanders Photography 2011
The artist is a Wisconsin local Eileen McDaniel of Oakhaven Pottery. They had tons of gorgeous pottery that I would have loved to own.  If you like her work check out her website at www.oakhavenpottery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment