Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Multi-Layer Bracelets


I love to make presents for my family and friends for holidays, besides the paintings, I made each of my close friends a multi-layered bracelet in their favorite color.  It's a fun and easy project that only takes a couple of hours to complete and when you're done you have a beautiful bracelet that doesn't look homemade.  I used memory wire that comes in pre-cut or one long piece that you can cut to the size you want.  I figured out how long I wanted each bracelet to be and cut the wire.   At the end make a loop with needle nose pliers so that your beads don't fall off.  The first time I tried this I made my loop going in which would be against your wrist, not so comfortable.  Make sure to make your loop going out, away from the inside of the bracelet.  As you can see above I have six different colors of green, one for each circle of wire.  This makes it look like you have several different bracelets on, even though it's just one long spiral.  You can use different shades of the same color or all different colors, either way it turns out awesome. 




Thread your beads onto the wire until you come around to where you started from, then start your next color.  Repeat this until you get to the end of your wire and finish off with another loop.  If you choose you can add a little bead charm to the beginning and ending loop to give your bracelet and pretty, finished look.  Thread one bead onto a head or eye pin, finish off with a loop, and add to your bracelet.





No comments:

Post a Comment